Eastland United Methodist Church
10718 Courthouse Rd
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Please follow these instructions:
- All 20 families being interviewed must live in Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline, King George or the City of Fredericksburg.
- We only help a family once every 6 months. A family is made up of anyone that lives at the same address,
- Masks are not required but recommended when in the church building.
- Please do not bring children if at all possible.
- All clients will need a form of photo ID and the bill or lease. This may be on a phone.
- Because we are borrowing this meeting space at Eastland United Methodist Church, clients are asked to not arrive before 4:00pm. No one will be allowed to enter the building until 5:00pm. At 5:00pm the first 20 eligible clients will be given a number until 20 families have entered plus 2 alternates.
- Payments are made directly to the company or property owner if rent. Payments are never given to a client.
- The Client's name must be on the Bill or Lease and the bill must be delinquent. It does not have to be a cut-off notice or a an eviction notice but it must be delinquent. The Bill or Lease may be on a phone.
- Request for Rent must be for current residence. Client will need to provide the name, address, and phone number of the property owner. Client will also need to notify landlord that we will be calling. Bring Eviction notice if there is one.
- Utility bills should show current delinquent balance.
- We do not assist with Motels, Phone or Cable bills.
- Following an interview, it may take as long as 3 business days to make our pledge.
- For information following an interview, call 540-898-8065. Say, "I'm calling for the Treasurer". Leave you name, phone number and assistance promised. You will be called back by a volunteer on a blocked phone number.
- Please remember that all of our members are volunteers doing their best to help. We have no paid staff.